Monday, October 26, 2015
10 Things Great Dads Do
Great dads raise happier, healthier, more successful kids
But how do men go about being that great dad? Fathering expert Rick Johnson offers ten practical strategies to help men become the dads they want to be, including
· helping their kids find the humor in life
· surrounding their family with healthy friends and role models
· communicating clearly with their children
· helping their kids develop self-esteem and respect for others
· being a gatekeeper when it comes to their kids’ social circle
· setting reachable goals for themselves and their children
· and more.
My thoughts: Having a dad in your life as a child is so important, something society has tried to down play through our movies, TV shows, etc. Being a great dad doesn't have to be difficult. This book does a wonderful job of laying out some ideas for how dads can become great dads through some fairly easy steps that mostly just take time with your children. I like that the author draws from personal experience and gives fathers ideas on how to implement each thing no matter what the age of the child/children. I have to admit that was my favorite part of the book, was the practical application provided for fathers. I think this is a great resource for parents and churches to have on hand!
I received this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review.
Posted by Inklings and Notions at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment