Monday, April 25, 2016
Take Ten: bookworm delights
While I know that this topic is suppose to be more about the experiences that delight a bookworm, I may wind up veering into some of the book related merchandise that I just find delightful.;) I'm not trying to sell anything, I guess that is just where my mind went when I read the topic for this week.;)
1. Jewelry with a favorite bookish quote on it. I've been eyeing this one for a while now.;) One of my very favoritest necklaces is one that has part of The Road Not Taken poem on it that I found in a shop that carried handmade items.
2. Really, just beautiful, artistic favorite quotes in general. I have a library in my home and have had such fun framing quotes (both those I have bought and those found as free printables)to put on the walls.
Here is a favorite quote. The one I have is a bit different though.
3. A good cup of tea and a book on a rainy day. My husband laughs at me for my tea addiction, but I can't seem to give it up! ;)
4. The smell of books. They can be old books, new books, I just like the smell of them!
5. Discovering a new bookstore. Granted, I prefer to buy my books used, since I read way to much to buy all new. But, I still love to discover new (to me) bookstores!
6. Places like this. Honestly, I want to live in a house that looks like a book shelf!:)
7. Window seats and book nooks. I could get stuck on Pinterest for hours just drooling over the options and ideas! Part of the reason I wanted to buy our old house was because of a window seat in the music room. Now, it still is a sad looking window seat, but I have plans for it.;)
8. Places like The Rabbit Hole
9. Having a friend who reads a lot of the same books as you, whose opinion you can trust. Really, just a friend who you can be a total book nerd with and not scare them off!
10. A nifty, book themed journal. I believe I have established the fact that I love quotes and can't resist something useful with a favorite quote on it.;)
Posted by Inklings and Notions at 7:40 PM
Labels: bookish, bookworm, broke and bookish, top ten
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I posted a meme by breaking it up into "two parts." Such rule breakers we are. ;) Yay for bookish jewelry - it's always fun!ReplyDelete
We are regular rule breakers!;)Delete
I will have to go check your list out now...
I really wish I had a window seat like that! :)ReplyDelete
Me too! It makes me want to go work on mine to turn it into something amazing.;)Delete
That library parking garage though! Love it.ReplyDelete
Isn't it amazing?:)Delete
What a fun, inspiring, and creative list of delights! I agree with all of them. My TTT Bookworm DelightsReplyDelete
I had fun putting it together! So many other things I could of added to the list.:DDelete
Window seats are gorgeous. I really wish I had one!ReplyDelete
The are gorgeous! Book nooks in general are just amazing.:DDelete
OMG #6 I'm in LOVE! That is epic and beautiful and I want my house to look like that lol. My Top TenReplyDelete
I know! It would sure be easy for friends to find.;)Delete
Window seats and bookish jewelry- two things I should have added to my list!ReplyDelete
Your list is a lot of fun too!Delete
Thanks for stopping by.:D
I'm currently house hunting (rather passively-- there's no way I can afford anything right now), and the one thing I really want is a book nook or something similar. That one in the photo is so perfect and beautiful, but I'll take something even smaller!ReplyDelete
It would be fun just to create a book nook space if it doesn't come with a window seat.;)Delete
I'm with you, I would take any book nook.;)