Monday, March 5, 2018
Take ten: favorite book quotes
1. "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you."
2. "After all
a person's a person.
No matter how small."
Horton Hears a Who
3.“All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable
one; you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence
or when hope is gone.”
4. "The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."
A Woman of No Importance
5. "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
Attributed to G.K. Chesterton
6. "…he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
7. "I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
8. "I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!"
Pride and Prejudice
9. "There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature."
10. “Aslan is a lion- the Lion, the great Lion." "Ooh" said Susan. "I'd thought he was a man. Is he-quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion"..."Safe?" said Mr Beaver ..."Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you.”
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
This post contains affiliate links.
So, what do you think of my list of quotes? I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!