Monday, April 25, 2016
Take Ten: bookworm delights
While I know that this topic is suppose to be more about the experiences that delight a bookworm, I may wind up veering into some of the book related merchandise that I just find delightful.;) I'm not trying to sell anything, I guess that is just where my mind went when I read the topic for this week.;)
1. Jewelry with a favorite bookish quote on it. I've been eyeing this one for a while now.;) One of my very favoritest necklaces is one that has part of The Road Not Taken poem on it that I found in a shop that carried handmade items.
2. Really, just beautiful, artistic favorite quotes in general. I have a library in my home and have had such fun framing quotes (both those I have bought and those found as free printables)to put on the walls.
Here is a favorite quote. The one I have is a bit different though.
3. A good cup of tea and a book on a rainy day. My husband laughs at me for my tea addiction, but I can't seem to give it up! ;)
4. The smell of books. They can be old books, new books, I just like the smell of them!
5. Discovering a new bookstore. Granted, I prefer to buy my books used, since I read way to much to buy all new. But, I still love to discover new (to me) bookstores!
6. Places like this. Honestly, I want to live in a house that looks like a book shelf!:)
7. Window seats and book nooks. I could get stuck on Pinterest for hours just drooling over the options and ideas! Part of the reason I wanted to buy our old house was because of a window seat in the music room. Now, it still is a sad looking window seat, but I have plans for it.;)
8. Places like The Rabbit Hole
9. Having a friend who reads a lot of the same books as you, whose opinion you can trust. Really, just a friend who you can be a total book nerd with and not scare them off!
10. A nifty, book themed journal. I believe I have established the fact that I love quotes and can't resist something useful with a favorite quote on it.;)