Monday, February 8, 2016
Take Ten: Most romantic quotes in literature
With Valentine's day just around the corner, I thought I would chose 5 of my favorite romantic quotes in literature and 5 my favorite couples in fiction.
1. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you." Jane Austen's Persuasion
(Persuasion is one of my very favorite books, perhaps largely due to the amazing ending!)
2. "Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same.” Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights
(not my most favorite classic, but I love this line!)
3. “To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.” Victor Hugo's Les Miserables
(One of my most favorite stories about the power of forgiveness)
4. "I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough." Nicholas Sparks The Notebook
5. “Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear.” Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre
1. Jack and Evie from The Hearts We Mend
I recently read this one and just fell in love with the couple! Jack is an especially amazing character, since he makes you want to be a better person just reading about him.;)
2. Peeta and Katniss
I cheered for Peeta the whole series, since his love was selfless, wanting what was best for Katniss, not what would benefit him.
3. Jackson and Allison
4. Allen and Gwendolyn
I love that they are both strong characters!
5. Henry and Kate
I wish she would hurry up and write another book!;) This one was SO good.
Posted by Inklings and Notions at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Fantastic quotes Amanda. I do love a Nicholas Sparks quote.ReplyDelete
Thanks! His books are kind of the epitome of romantic/sappy, all things Valentine's day-ish.;)Delete
I love your quotes!ReplyDelete
ok. so. I basically still need to read ALL of the books from which your fave couples hail! lol. Must prioritize these... My TTTReplyDelete
I suppose you shouldn't feel too bad, since two of the titles are brand new.;) The Hunger Games is the oldest, by far!ReplyDelete
Oh... such cheesy words! I am happy to see The Notebook excerpt here. :DReplyDelete
Sometimes, cheesy words just put a goofy grin on my face. Lol.Delete