Monday, January 19, 2015
This week is a freebie, so I think I shall do my top ten favorite book quotes, since I adore a good book quote. So, here goes!
1. “Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.” The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2."Not all those who wander are lost" The Fellowship of the Ring
3. “It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4. "We none of us expect to be in smooth water all our days." Persuasion
6. "You can't get around what's right, though. When we stop loving them, that's when they win." Black Like Me
7. "We are never living, but hoping to live." Pascal
8."Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for. To make them worth it."
9. "We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot
10. "Family connections are always worth preserving, good company always worth seeking" Persuasion