Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Dancing Master

When dancing master Alec Valcourt moves to the sleepy town of Beaworthy in hopes of starting a dance academy, he didn't realize that the town didn't look favorably on dancing. Or dance masters for that matter. Struggling to make a living to support his mother and sister, Alec must figure out how to change the town's opinion on dancing.
While I enjoyed this novel, I found it hard to really sympathize with the heroine at first, since she came across as quite silly. There winds up being an explanation for it later on, so one starts to feel for her. I did like that the story is told from several perspectives and that there is plenty of back story. I would have to say that I didn't like this one quite as much as The Tutor's Daughter though.

No comments:

Post a Comment