Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dolled Up to Die

When Cate answers a call that three people have been shot and the police are taking their time, she rushes to the crime scene. Only to discover that it was three dolls that were destroyed. But, the case doesn't stay simple for long, as the original caller, Jo-Jo, finds her ex husband dead in the next room.
I didn't realize that this was the second book in the Cate Kincaid Files, but I feel like this book did a good job at standing alone, though it did reference the first case. I want to go back and read the first book now, since Cate is a fun, quick witted private eye. I look forward to reading more of her Files!

2 comments:

  1. Is this one a very graphic mystery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that it one of the things that I love about Lorena McCourtney: her mysteries aren't graphic and don't leave you feeling slightly ill, like some mystery writers. If you enjoy a good mystery, then you should have fun with this book!

    ReplyDelete