Monday, July 11, 2016
Take ten: facts about me
I could have some fun with this one! A lot of my list will most likely not be book related.;)
1. I've known my husband since we were 13, though there was zero romantic interest on either side of our friendship until he came home from college and we both attended a mutual friend's wedding. Catching the garter put ideas in his head. LOL. The funny thing is, I think about everyone saw it but me, since several friends made a big deal about our talking. I guess I can be a bit thick.;) He had to work to get me to come around, but I'm so thankful he did! We make a pretty good team.
2. I have two children, a girl and a boy. Being a mother is incredible, but it's also exhausting!
3. I sign up for all the summer reading programs for my children.;) My husband is usually less than thrilled. lol.
4. I once wound up with food poisoning at my grandma's. I loved her dearly, but didn't trust her cooking after that.;)
5. I adore Doctor Who and wish that there was such a thing as a TARDIS.
6. Having kids brings out the kid in me. I love the excuse to play with bubbles and sidewalk chalk!
7. I enjoy canning/preserving food. There is just something satisfying about preserving food we have harvested.
8. We have an old house that we are still working on, after owning it for over 5 years. I'm hopeful that this will be the year that I finally remodel the kitchen.;)
9. I hated seeing as a teen, but wound up working with my SIL, making doll clothes. I loved it!
10. My favorite movie is Emma
Bonus: Baking relaxes me. The day before my wedding I baked up a storm!
Posted by Inklings and Notions at 8:35 PM
Labels: broke and bookish, top ten
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with your kitchen remodel! I've never undertaken any renovations - I think you're a braver person than I am for that!ReplyDelete
And Emma is a great movie. Definitely worthy of being a favourite.
Lol, thanks! I don't know if we are brave or foolish.;) I am looking forward to having my kitchen set up like I want!Delete
Hey! Doctor Who lover over here too! I actually have a little Tardis silhouette on the back of my car and the other day I was sitting in a restaurant's parking lot waiting for a friend when I guy came up to me and told me how he's a Doctor Who fan too. Then he pulled out his cell phone to show me a picture of a Tardis in the middle of some woods. Funny how Doctor Who brings people together. :)ReplyDelete
Your car sounds like fun!Delete
Doctor Who does have a way of bringing people together. I know I would comment if I saw people wearing anything related to it when I worked at a farmers market.;)
I have only seen two seasons of Doctor Who because I fell so in love with Nine that even though Ten wasn't a bad doctor, it just broke my heart too much for it not to be Eccleston. Someday I will be able to move on, I hope!ReplyDelete
And good luck with your kitchen remodel :) I hope it happens for you!
I felt the same way. Actually, that's pretty much how I feel every time the doctor regenerates. :) I'd say Tennant and Smith are my favorites but I can't choose between the two of them.Delete
Nine took a while to grow on me, but I would of liked for him to have gone another season or two, since I decided he was a delightful curmudgeon.;)Delete
Smith is my favorite, but I think it's largely due to Amy, Rory, and River.;) The jury is still out on Capaldi.;)