My top ten list this week is made up of the top ten books I would have on my list if I taught a class on children's books.
1. Count the Monkeys by Mac Barnett and Steve Cornell
This is such a fun book on counting!
2 . The Dot by Peter Reynolds
I love how this book shows that each of us express our creative side in a different way. And, it is a great book on the impact a good teacher has on their students.
3. Press Here by Hevre Tullet
This is an incredible, interactive book that teaches kids that reading is a blast!
4. Mix it up! by Hevre Tullet
Another wonderful, interactive book. This one is a fun way to teach kids about primary and secondary colors.
5. L, M, N, O Peas by Keith Baker
One of my very favorite books on teaching the alphabet, with it's adorable illustrations and rhymes.
6. The Day the Crayons Quit
I just love how imaginative this one is! And, a sequel recently came out, which I look forward to reading with my daughter.;)
7. The Museum by Susan Verde
This is a great book to introduce some famous art.
8. ABC verses 123 by Mike Boldt
I love this one! It is another fun way to teach the alphabet and counting.
9. Monsters Love Color by Mike Austin
This one teaches primary and secondary colors.
10. Are You a Cow? By Sandra Boynton
This one teaches animals in a fun way.;)
What would be on your list of kid books?