Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Take Ten

Top Ten favorite fairy tales and re-tellings.

1.Beauty by Robin McKinley

I love a good re-telling of Beauty and the Beast!

2. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale.


3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer


4. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine


5.East by Edith Pattou


6. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine


7. Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis


Cupid and Psyche

8. Entwined by Heather Dixon


9. Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George


10. My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

This was was just a cute, fun re-telling of Cinderella (ish).

6 comments:

  1. Beauty by Robin McKinley is my all-time favorite. I happened upon it in our library quite randomly and have since read it, no lie, ten times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, ten times? I'm impressed! I rarely re-read books, but I am thinking that it might be fun to re-read this one, since it was so good.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Beauty seems to be making everyone's list today... and that must be for good reads. Still have to read Marissa's re-telling series, and I've seen My Fair Godmother around. It does sound really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize it would be such a popular choice! It is a good one though.;)
      I like all the books I have read by Janette Rallison, since they are nice, light reads.

      Delete
  3. I must admit, Cinder is the only one I have read from your list, but a lot of them look really good! Book of a Thousand Days has definitely piqued my interest! Great list :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've enjoyed all of these over the years.;)

      Delete