Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Ten Favorite classics

1. A Tale of Two Cities. I think this is my favorite Dickens, thus far, though I need to read Bleak House, since that very well might shoot up to the top of my favorites by him.

2. The Scarlet Pimpernel. This was one of the first classics that I actually got into. It's a shame that the sequels aren't easier to get a hold of! Well, that isn't true, I should say they weren't easy to get a hold of when I was a teen. Now, they are available online for a kindle!

3. Les Miserables. I love this story, since it is such a powerful story of forgiveness.

4. A Picture of Dorian Gray. It's weird, but I love Oscar Wilde. His stories show a depth of morality that he just didn't get in real like. I think Ravi Zacharias' book about him goes along well with Wilde's stories.

5. Shirley. My favorite Bronte sisters novel.:)

6. Persuasion. If you haven't read Jane Austen, I suggest you start here.;)

7. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. The nice thing about Sherlock is that his stories are great for boys to get into.

8. Till We Have Faces. Everyone knows about Narnia, but not as many are familiar with Lewis' story about Cupid and Psyche. I love it!

9. The Phantom of the Opera. The book is pretty much always better than the movie. That is true with this one.;)

10. Far from the Maddening Crowd. I don't know why, but I like the tragedy that goes along with Hardy's novels.     

No comments:

Post a Comment