Monday, September 28, 2015

Take ten


This week over at the Broke and Bookish, the subject is top ten books I would recommend if you like it's popular counterpoint.
1. The Chronicles of Narnia=The Door Within trilogy by Thomas Wayne Batson


2. Terry Pratchett's Discworld= Donita K. Paul's Realm Walkers


3. To Kill a Mockingbird= Fireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent


4. The Mortal Instruments=Thornewicke by Charity Bishop


5. Julie and Julia=A Table by the Window by Hillary Manton Lodge


6. Matrix=Trial Run by Thomas Locke


7. The Book Thief=The Hidden Masterpiece series by Kristy Cambron


8. You've Got Mail=Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay


9. A Walk to Remember=Paper Hearts


10. The Giver=The Gifting by K. E. Ganshert

16 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books. They look intriguing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Paper Hearts now ! ... and play Tori Kelly's song in the background too with the same name lol

    My TTT is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! Paper Hearts is one of my favorites from this year.;)

      Delete
  3. Great picks, Amanda. I'm not familiar with all of these, but I love the ones I do know that you paired. Great job! (And three cheers for the DMK, Thornwicke, Table by the Window and The Gifting shout-outs.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it was a good opportunity to sing the praises of some of my favorite indie titles.;)

      Delete
  4. Realm Walkers is going on my tbr right now.

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! The first book was especially amazing! (the second one was good too, but I loved getting to know the characters in the first book)

      Delete
  5. Excellent choices. I see lots of titles/writers I didn't know about before. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them, if you decide to check some of them out.;)

      Delete
  6. awesome recommendations! Love how you went movie to books!! Great job :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A lot of the stories I like are chick lit type ones, so it was fun to think of some movies that I like that go along with them.;)

      Delete
  7. I'll surely be checking out several of these! great list.

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting list. I've read just about every one of the books, but can't wait to read some of your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing what you think of the recommendations, if you try them out.;)

      Delete