Monday, September 7, 2015

Take Ten


Over at the Broke and Bookish this week, the subject is top ten finished series I have yet to finish. A lot of mine are either children series that I out grew (or, that the library didn't have the complete series) or popular series that I just didn't get into.

1. Eragon

I just didn't get into these, though they look like they could be a lot of fun.;)

2. Betsy and Tacy

I was reminded that I didn't finish this series when unpacking the portion I do own recently.

3. Divergent

I liked the first book well enough, but not enough to remember to get the others from the library. I have to say, I was less than impressed with how Tris is played in the movies.

4. Twilight

To be quite honest, I don't know that this one even counts, since I don't know that I even started the first book. I just heard a lot about them and figured I was happier not reading them.

5. The Scarlet Pimpernel

After reading the first book, I desperately wanted to read the sequels. I was only able to get my hands on a few of them, but not all of them. Sadly, out of the ones I read, the first one was the best.

6. The Mandie books

I read a lot of these growing up, but I think I outgrew them before the series was finished.

7. The Boxcar Children

I adored these books as a kid! I will have to re-read some of them to make sure they won't give my daughter any wild ideas though (like, living out of a boxcar....;))

8. Sadie Rose

This was another favorite series as a kid! I loved anything that had to do with the Pioneer's and mysteries were at the top of my list, so to combine the two I was in heaven! I just read a few of the books, and I wonder if they would still be as good now that I am older...;)

9. Anne of Green Gables

I made it through several of the books, but decided I liked Emily of New Moon better. (thought Anne is a fun character!)

10. Isle of Swords

The first one was a Pirates of the Caribbean sort, which I loved. I just never managed to make it back to the second book.

So, there is my list! I'm ashamed to have some of them on there.;) Should I give some of them a second chance?;)

8 comments:

  1. Once upon a time I adored the Mandie books! Haven't read any of them for years, but since I do have some I never read, it might be fun to go back and enjoy a couple. Just for nostalgia's sake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might of read close to 20 of the Mandie books, and enjoyed them at the time. I may have to read some aloud once my daughter is older.;)

      Delete
  2. I read the Mandie books when I was a kid, too! I loved Anne of Green Gables, but never could get through Anne of Avonlea, so I never finished that series either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get through the whole Mandie series?;)
      It's sad that I didn't get into the Anne of Green Gables series more, since I really do like Anne!

      Delete
  3. I forgot about the Mandie books! I loved those as a kid! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun to read when I was young.;) I'm kind of hesitant to go back and read more of some of the series I loved so dearly as a kid!

      Delete
  4. I never finished the Eragon books either. I liked the first one, but not enough to pick up the rest I guess.

    I have finished Divergent and Twilight from your list. One I liked more than the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I failed to pick up Eragon because it was taking the author so long to finish the last book and I didn't want to wait that long.;) I may pick it up someday, but my TBR pile is too large to consider it right now.;)

      Delete