Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The Sea Prayers

 


A waitress, a megastar, and an ex-addict wage war for the heart of a young girl.

Thirteen years ago, a spiked drink left Agnes with a permanent reminder of the man who date-raped her.

Her daughter looks like him, sounds like him, and even listens to his platinum records (of course, the dude's a mega star because nothing is fair) but Brisa is everything Agnes has in the world. At least, she is until the day this music star sets his sights on getting himself a ready-made family.

He's got millions of dollars, millions of fans, a high-powered legal team, and half Brisa's DNA. Agnes has a run-down house, a friend who's almost three years sober and afraid to say he loves her, and a lawyer willing to work pro bono.

Oh, and the whole town of Beaufort. That's right. She's got all those Beaufort folk at her back, praying to the God she has rejected, and not one of them is going to let Brisa go without a fight.

Another story of faith and redemption from the author of 
Sailing out of Darkness.

My thoughts: This is the first book that I have read by Normandie Fischer, so I probably missed a little bit with not reading the series in order. I was still able to enjoy this story of grace and forgiveness though! I loved the characters, Agnes and Henry, and the heartache that they both live with. When Agnes' quiet life is thrown into a tailspin by the same man who raped her years before, she must figure out how to find peace and joy in a broken mess. 
I thought that the author did a wonderful job with some difficult subjects. The characters are well written, and I promptly had to pick up another of her books! This is a wonderful book to pick up for high school on up.
I received this book from Just Read tours. This is my honest review.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I do hope you enjoy the entire series.

    ReplyDelete