Monday, June 6, 2016

Take Ten


Top reasons I love reading.

1. I can travel to places all from the comfort of my own home. This has become an even bigger incentive since I got married, since my husband isn't one to want to travel.;)

2. It's a great way to pass the time. I always carry a book with me. This has become much easier with the invention of the e-reader, as now I can carry a whole library with me wherever I go and not break my back.;)

3. You can learn some pretty incredible things about the world around you.

4. It's fun way to connect with others. Suddenly, that co-worker or distant relative is no longer as hard to talk to when you realize that you both read the same books.;)

5. It's a great way to connect. Especially, for this season in my life, with my children.;)


Top reasons I love reading with my children:

6. It builds their imaginations. I love watching my daughter re-enact stories or spin off from the stories she enjoys.

7. I love hearing the words they pick up. (especially since my daughter is into Fancy Nancy at the moment;))

8. It's a great way to get them interested in the world around them.

9. I've found it to be a good refresher course for me. lol. The things you can learn in eductational childrens books!

10. It's enjoyable to introduce childhood favorites to them. I look forward to pulling out some of the more advanced favorites, like Narnia and and the Little House books! I have a ways to go, I know.;)

4 comments:

  1. Some of my favourite memories are of sharing books with my daughters. We read together until they were teens. I loved rediscovering old favourites and new titles. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have great memories of my mom reading aloud to us when I was little. I hope to give my children memories like that.:)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. #1 is a big one for me! It's always nice to be able to travel from the comfort of your own home! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always been a big one for me to. It's the reason I learned to read.;)

      Delete