Monday, October 13, 2014

Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit


This week's book meme from The Broke and Bookish has to do with top ten places that books have made me want to visit.

1. England
Is it to broad to say that I want to see England? After reading Austen, Dickens, and the Bronte sisters (to name a few), I decided that England is at the top of my list for places I want to visit someday. I was kind of hoping to have visited there by now, but such is life.;) Someday, right?

2. Prince Edward Island
Between Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon (both by L.M. Montgomery), this is another place high on my list!

3. The American Frontier/Prairie
I can attribute this to Laura Ingalls Wilder. Granted, I have seen a lot of land between the Midwest and the West coast, due to road trips to visit family. I think more than just seeing it, that it would be fun to take part in a (small) re-enactment of what it would be like to go West on one of the pioneer trails.

4. Canadian frontier
This would be due to reading Janette Oke's series involving Mounties and school teachers.:) Her novels were some of the first ones I read as a young teenager, so they will always hold a special place in my heart.;)

5. Scotland
So, for some reason, I always associated James Herriot with Scotland (until just now, when I went to look him up....). Oops. I guess than I shall say that it is due to Sir. Walter Scott and Robert Burns.

6. France
Particularly Paris. Especially the Opera House. Guess what books might of influenced me here? (cue organ music) Les Miserables and the works of Dumas may have influenced me here too.:)

7. Sounis, Eddis and Attoli
The Mediterranean style islands from The Queen's Thief

8. Hogwarts
It is a sad thing when you would love to visit a place, but there is no way you could ever hope to actually go, since the place doesn't exist.;) At least, not in the truest form that is in a book.

9. The Shire
Really, just about all of the places mentioned in LOTR's. With, perhaps, the exception of Mordor.;)

10. Narnia
For obvious reasons.:)

What would your list of top ten places look like?









8 comments:

  1. It is sad that we won't be able to visit Hogwarts. It sounds so amazing! I had to make do with the studio tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some places are so imaginative, that perhaps it would disappoint to see them in real life, if they existed. I bet that was a blast to do the studio tour

      Delete
  2. Great list. Scotland and Narnia made it to mine too.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of the same places! It's sad that some of them are fictitious. :(

      Delete
  3. DO NOT TELL ME HOGWARTS DOESN'T EXIST. *blocks ears* I refuse to believe it. Aaaanyway. I have Scotland and London on my list too! I just adore Europe and I totally want to go to every country. But Paris and London are like the top of my list (London probably more so because at least I can communicate. I only can say, like, "cheese" in French. Very important.)
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I am sorry that you heard it from me.;) Or, perhaps I should say that it exists in our imaginations?:)
      It would be marvelous to just go over and live in Europe for a while, so one could go see a ton of the countries. I have a dream vacation to just go to about every country there.;)
      Cheese is a very important word to know! One could do quite well just knowing that word. lol. Or, at least you wouldn't starve.;)

      Delete
  4. I love your answer #3.
    To see a re-enactment would be wonderful.

    Also, to visit Narnia would be out-of-this- world fabulous!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fun to live like pioneer's, for just a little bit? I think it would be a blast to go on a journey like they did. Of course, I would eventually want to come home to by modern conveniences.;)

      Delete