Friday, October 17, 2014

A Lady at Willowgrove Hall


Her secret cloaks her in isolation and loneliness.

His secret traps him in a life that is not his own.

Cecily Faire carries the shame of her past wherever she treads, knowing one slip of the tongue could strip away everything she holds dear. But soon after accepting the position of lady's companion at Willowgrove Hall, Cecily finds herself face-to-face with a man well-acquainted with the past she's desperately hidden for years.
Nathaniel Stanton has a secret of his own --- one that has haunted him from birth and tied him to his father's position as steward of Willowgrove. To protect his family, Nathaniel dares not breath a word of the truth. But as long as the shadow looms over him, he'll never be free to find his own way in the world. He'll never be free to fall in love.
When the secrets swirling within Willowgrove Hall come to light, Cecily and Nathaniel must confront a painful choice: Will they continue running from the past . . . or will they stand together and build a future without the suffocating weight of secrets long suffered?
My thoughts: I wasn't sure how I was going to like this book, since I am usually a skeptic when it comes to fiction set in the Regency era. I want to like these new stories, but they can't seem to come anywhere near to comparing with my favorites. And yet, I still persist in trying them out.;) Well, with this book, I am glad that I did! It is both a sweet story and an interesting one. The characters are lovely, I quite fell in love with them! This book is the perfect story for a cool Autumn day. Two thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. I like a book where I can love the characters.
    Great review but I wonder why it only got two thumbs up.

    I like your new background and color.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only got two thumbs up, since I only have two thumbs.;) If I were to give it stars (1-5) then I would give it 5 stars. It is a great book!
      Thank you! It is more summer like than autumn, so perhaps it is time to change it again.;) I like polka dots though, since they are so cheery!
      I hope you had a great weekend too!

      Delete