Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ten books for people who like character driven novels


Top Ten Tuesday
1. Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay
I dare you to read this book and not fall in love with the characters! Samantha Moore is such a fun, bookish character who writes about her life to a mysterious benefactor. I'm in the midst of Ms. Reay's second book, and hope it will be just as good as this one.;)

2. Emma by Jane Austen
One of my favorites by Austen! I love how Emma grows in character as the story progresses.

3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I had a hard time getting started with this book, but it was hard to put down once I did! The characters are incredible and it is so easy to get caught up in the story.

4. The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate
I know I have talked about this one a lot, since I just finished it recently. It is another one that I dare you not to get caught up in.;)

5. Sophia by Paula Kremser
This one is a sweet story, with fun characters who are rather surprising.;)

6. The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate
This one is another incredible story by Lisa Wingate. I like how she combines a story of days long past with that of a recent one.

7. With Every Breath by Elizabeth Camden
The characters are fascinating and the story sweeps one in!

8. Hidden in the Stars by Robin Carrol
I read this one in record time! The characters and mystery surrounding them just sweeps one away!

9. A Table by the Window by Hillary Manton Lodge
I have a thing with novels set in foodie environments. Especially if they have recipes included.;) The characters are lovely, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

10. The Color of Justice by Ace Collins
Wow, this story doesn't go where you think it will!
So, what is one your list? Leave me the link, and I will be happy to check it out! I love finding out about new books I need to read.;)

4 comments:

  1. Great book list.

    I didn't know what books to list.

    So I did a previous Top Ten.

    Enjoy your week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was a hard one to think of! I had to look at a few to get some idea's of where other people were going. It was still kind of hard, but I came up with a list of the books who's characters I have most enjoyed.;)
      I will have to check into your list!
      Blessings.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Emma yet but I almost listed Pride and Prejudice as it revolves around Elizabeth and Darcy's characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think Emma is one of my favorite Jane Austen stories! I love Pride and Prejudice, but Emma is just funny.:) Persuasion is amazing too... And shorter. lol. I like all three, it just depends on my mood!

      Delete