Welcome to the Blog Tour for Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness by Christopher Martin, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
About the BookTitle: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
A 2022 Readers’ Favorite Silver Medal Winner"Finding Joy is a vital guide on how to best manage and navigate life with a chronic illness." —James Nestor, New York Times bestselling author of Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
- Positive psychology techniques. These range from self-compassion, positive reappraisal, positive self-talk, and pacing to positive thoughts, emotions, and behaviors such as optimism, humor, and volunteer work.
- Stress-reduction methods. These include tools such as mindfulness, breathing exercises, simplification, and (therapeutic) journaling.
- Proven therapies. Examples include cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
- Effective communication strategies and their impact on relationships and even the ability to access quality healthcare.
- Numerous tips to both access and optimize your experience with high-quality healthcare.
- Important considerations for loved ones of the chronically ill, so they too can know how to best support their loved one and take care of themselves in the process.
About the Author
Christopher Martin is a school psychologist, husband, father, and an award-winning author who has lived with multiple debilitating chronic illnesses and their hidden effects - from chronic fatigue to significant pain to seemingly endless infections - for 25 years. As a result, he is all too aware of how disruptive and life-changing they can be to our daily lives.But don't let what was just shared fool you: while he is far from cured of his illnesses, he still maintains a fulfilling life and experiences ongoing joy, peace, and happiness. He appreciates the small things in life such as drinking hot tea, going for walks with his family (when he is feeling up to it), and reading inspirational books. It was his goal, in turn, to give back to others by doing what he loves to do: authoring books on these conditions. He wrote his most recent book, Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness, because few books exist that offer comprehensive, practical guidance on chronic illness. And even fewer books exist that include mental health tips from the perspective of a psychologist and sufferer. Christopher enjoyed integrating his background in psychology with his experiences as a patient into realistic, easy-to-understand and apply strategies. His deepest hope in writing Finding Joy is to inspire the reader to live a more abundant life.
(2) winners will receive $25 paypal cash and an audiobook download of the book!
(3) additional winners will receive an audiobook download of the book!
Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight March 22, 2023 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on March 29, 2023. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!