Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Bible Studies on Every Parable

 


Jesus knew the power of stories to touch people's hearts, so he used parables to teach his followers about the kingdom of God. If you want to know God better, the keys are in the parables.

This book provides short studies on every parable in the Bible. You'll learn what God wants us to know from the prodigal son, the good Samaritan, the lost sheep, the talents, the sower, and many more.

Each study includes a summary of the parable, the Scripture reference where it can be found, information on the historical and cultural setting, and key points. At the end of each study are questions that open the door to discussion, reflection, or further investigation and help you get to the heart of the parable.

A wonderful tool for small groups or to add variety to your personal devotions. Let these studies draw you nearer to God as they enhance your understanding of his Word.

My thoughts: I liked that this book went over some Old Testament parables before diving in to the parables that Jesus shared during his ministry. I didn't really think much about the ones in the OT (I didn't really think of them as parables, I guess. Nathan sharing the story of the rich and poor man with David after Bathsheba was always categorized as a story, in my mind, so I liked looking at in the light of being a parable), so it was a pleasant surprise to have them in the beginning.
Overall, this is a great book to pick up and add to your study! It's easy to read through the short chapters, and I enjoyed the lists of scriptures that go along with each one. This is a wonderful book to do on your own or to go through with a group.
I received this book from Bethany House. This is my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment