Wednesday, July 1, 2015
7 Family Ministry Essentials
With decades of ministry experience, Michelle Anthony and Megan Marshman capture the guiding essentials of life-changing family ministry. These seven essentials for children and student leaders emphasize:
1. Empowering families to take spiritual leadership in the home
2. Forming lifetime faith that transcends childhood beliefs
3. Teaching Scripture as the ultimate authority of truth
4. Understanding the role of the Holy Spirit to teach and transform
5. Engaging every generation in the gospel of God’s redemptive story
6. Making God central in every biblical narrative and daily living
7. Participating in community with like-minded ministry leaders
7 Family Ministry Essentials will energize and equip you with the practical steps, inspirational stories, and biblical foundation you need as you lead those in your ministry.
My thoughts: I have been putting a lot of thought lately into how to raise my children to have a faith of their own, since a lot of young people leave the church when they are old enough to make their own choice about what to do on Sunday mornings. This book came along at the perfect time for me! I appreciate the authors thoughts on empowering parents to take spiritual leadership of their own and chapter 2 was just what I needed to read. This article (which is mentioned in part) is an amazing companion to the book!
I received this book from Litfuse in exchange for my honest review.