Monday, May 4, 2015

Take Ten


This week's Broke and Bookish top ten meme is books that I can't see myself reading. This was actually kind of a hard one, since there are a lot of books that haven't caught my interest up to this point, but I can see reading them in the future.
1. Twilight
To each their own, but this book has never interested me. I think, from what I have heard, her style of writing would drive me nuts as well.

2.New Moon

3. Eclipse

4. Breaking Dawn
I have to admit, I was glad when the last movie came out, so all the hype was over.;)

5. Shades of Grey
This book sounds wrong on so many different levels. I think it is degrading to women. I don't want my daughter to grow up and think that the relationship the main characters have is anything to aspire to. There is nothing redeeming about the story or the way the author writes.

6. Catcher in the Rye
I just don't think I would relate to the story very well.

7. The Maze Runner
I watched the movie and found it semi depressing, so I have no desire to read the books and find out where the story goes as the series progresses.

8. Atlas Shrugged
I just thought I wanted to read this one...

9. The da Vinci Code
I don't have anything against popular books as a general rule, but somehow, a lot of them have made it onto my list!

10. Ulysses
This is another one that I just don't see myself enjoying anytime soon.

What books made it on to your list?

18 comments:

  1. I have read parts of Ulysses, and I THINK I might one day finish it. The Da Vinci Code and Shades of Gray, however, I know I'll never read.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ulysses is one that I just don't think I will ever take the time to read. You never know though.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy is ALL that's on my list this week! LOL! And Twilight sucks, so you're missing absolutely nothing! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I thought about breaking it up, like I did Twilight, but then found others for my list. The whole trilogy is just a given that I qill never read it.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I'll read The Maze Runner either. It just doesnt interest me. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, after seeing the movie, I looked up the series and found that it just gets stranger, IMO. To each their own, since I know people look at me like I'm off my rocker for liking the Hunger Games when I try to explain them.;)

      Delete
  4. 50 Shades is making it onto a lot of lists this week! Great list, I agree with quite a few of these ones!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tganks for stopping by! I will have to check out your list.:)

      Delete
  5. I read the da vinci code and it was really amazing in my opinion.
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people like it. I just don't think it's for me. Not to mention, I already have way to many books in my TBR list.;)

      Delete
  6. Great list. I’ve read almost all of these. I was unimpressed with the Twilight series, The Maze Runner, and 50 Shades. I liked The Da Vinci Code and Catcher in the Rye. Atlas Shrugged is the longest book I’ve ever read. The story is interesting, but I’m not a huge fan of the author’s philosophy. I can’t stand James Joyce, so I’ve managed to avoid Ulysses so far.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all the books I listed, I can see possibly reading Atlas Shrugged and (less likely) Catcher in the Rye.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Ulysses and a few other classics made my list this week!! The 50 Shades Trilogy also made my list too. Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to check out your list! Thanks for stopping by.:)

      Delete
  8. Playing on reading The Maze Runner at some point. Because I *have* to do that before renting the movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you are more dedicated than I to read the story before seeing the movie. I've only done that with some classics and childhood favorites.:)

      Delete
  9. I had Twilight and Fifty shades on my list this week. I like The Maze Runner but to each their own I guess.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't goven the Maze Runner a fair chance, since I am just going off the movie and the synopsis of the series I found online.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete