Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten book related problems that I have: (this should be fun!)
1. I am addicted to library reading problems. I loved taking part in the summer reading programs that the library would have. I mean, I read anyway, so I might as well win some free books to add to my shelves while I am at it, right? The only problem is, there's an age limit to the reading programs. So, I was thrilled to have a daughter of my own, and that they allow you to start right away in the summer reading program.;) We read as many books together as we could last summer.;)
2. I still haven't moved all of my books into our house.... At first, it was because the library in our house needed to be gutted, but that has been done for over a year. I think it is time to finally empty my parents house of all my books (much to my husband's chagrin!)
3. I always have a stack of books by my side of the bed. Sometimes more than one. I try to limit the pile to books I need to read soon, but somehow, others wind up in there....
4. I can never get out of the library without a bag of books.
5. There are never enough board books/kid books in this house! The library has been such a lifesaver in this house. As much as I love the books we have, I would go crazy if I was limited to just a few.;)
6. I can never have a small purse. It needs to at least fit a Kindle. If not a Kindle and a book or two.
7. When traveling, one of my worst fears is that I won't have enough books to read when on the road or in the air.;) I'm very much a moody reader, I have to be in the mood to read certain books (especially mysteries, for some reason). When I traveled to Australia, I took a huge backpack of books and hardly read any of them... I like to think this problem will be easier to manage now that I have a Kindle, since I have a variety on there that I need to read!
8. I sometimes forget the books that I have on my Kindle. Out of sight, out of mind, perhaps?:)
9. I write in my books. Generally not in fiction, since I will just write a great quote elsewhere (like in my journal), but a lot of my nonfiction books are seriously marked up. Especially C.S. Lewis.
10. I cannot pass up a bookstore, even if I'm not looking for anything specific. Independent, used bookstores are probably the worse, since I can find such good deals that I can't help but buy something!
So, what are your bookish problems?