Monday, January 26, 2015

Take Ten


This week's meme is....
Top Ten Books I would want to read with a book club
1. The Butterfly and the Violin
This story is beautiful! I would love to read it with a book club and discuss the history behind the story.

2. Paper Hearts
I just finished this one. Wow! It is the perfect read, with Valentine's day coming up!

3. Chateau of Secrets
This is another gorgeous WWII era story.

4. In the Field of Grace
I haven't actually read this one, but I have loved her other books! It would be an excuse to have to read it.;)

5. The Story Keeper
I loved this book, and I appreciate that the author always deals with a social issue.

6. A Sparrow in Terezin
Another one I have yet to read, but just need an excuse to do so.;)

7. A Fall of Marigolds
I'm actually just now reading this, so I can't totally say for sure. I have loved her other books, and this one promises to be fabulous too!

8. The Shape of Mercy
This one brings up some interesting history, with the Salem witch trials. It would also spark some interesting discussion.

9.Scared
I have heard so much about this one!

10. Torn Asunder

10 comments:

  1. I've heard Kristy's novels are excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her first one is among the very best debut novels I have ever read! It's a favorite. ;)
      You will have to let me know what you think if you get around to reading them.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of a lot of these books, but it looks like a really interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!
      A lot of the titles are newer books.

      Delete
  3. Great List Check out my Top Ten Tuesday! http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be sure to have a look at your list.:)

      Delete
  4. In the Field of Grace was arguably my favorite book of last year. Great picks!

    Thanks for sharing.

    I accidentally did next week's post on accident, but still check it out please. mine's here

    Also check out my post about Christian fiction here. It might be of interest to you Calling All Christian Fiction fans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to read it now, for sure! Have you read any of her other books?

      I love the idea of trading fiction! I have a pile that my husband would love for me to get rid of, though I guess I would just be switching out...;)

      Delete
  5. I must admit, I haven't heard of any of these, but they do sound interesting! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I enjoyed your list as well.:)

    ReplyDelete