Monday, January 19, 2015

Take Ten



This week is a freebie, so I think I shall do my top ten favorite book quotes, since I adore a good book quote. So, here goes!

1. “Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.” The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

2."Not all those who wander are lost" The Fellowship of the Ring

3. “It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

4. "We none of us expect to be in smooth water all our days." Persuasion

5.

6. "You can't get around what's right, though. When we stop loving them, that's when they win." Black Like Me

7. "We are never living, but hoping to live." Pascal

8."Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for. To make them worth it."
C.S. Lewis

9. "We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot

10. "Family connections are always worth preserving, good company always worth seeking" Persuasion

16 comments:

  1. Fun inspiration, Amanda! I wasn't going to take part in TTT this week, then was and well, suddenly it's 10:30 at night. Guess, I will skip after all. ;) Yay for Narnia. LOVE those books.

    Ps; cute background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it is! I had planned to do TTT last week, but somehow, the days went by too fast. Suddenly, it was the end of the week.;)
      Narnia is amazing!
      Thank you for stopping by.;)

      Delete
  2. Great choice for freebie week! :-) I love the quote from The Fellowship of the Ring. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to see what everyone came up with.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, I love the Narnia ones!! It's bringing back SO many memories. xD I loved reading them as a kid.
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narnia was especially magical as a kid.;)
      I will have to check out your list!

      Delete
  4. "Not all those who wander are lost" - I love that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I could put it on a lot of things... (shirts, coffee mugs, journals)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It's fun to see what everyone comes up with.

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! Only I'm not always as good at remember quotes after I've moved on to another book. Great list!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not super great at remembering favorite quotes either. But, I do write them down if they really hit me.

      Delete
  7. I love the C. S. Lewis and Alice in Wonderland quotes! The Narnia books have always been a favorite of mine and it's the quotes are nostalgic. My absolute top is probably the wise words spoken by the one and only Cheshire Cat. Thanks for sharing:)

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pull quotes from childhood favorites, didn't I? lol. I guess it's because they bring up such fond memories.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The freebie ones are a lot of fun, both to do and to see what others come up with.

      Delete