Monday, February 15, 2016

Take ten: songs I would love to turn into books




1. Dancing in the minefields by Andrew Peterson
Such a interesting way to sum up marriage, but it's spot on and could make a beautiful love story.
"'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it's an easy price
For the life that we have found"

2. Wonder (If She'll Get it) by Superchick
This song makes me chuckle when I hear it, so I think it could make a cute YA story.

3. Wishes by Superchick
Kind of a sad breakup type song (I like a lot of those.... What does that say about me?), but I really like it and think it could make a good story. Who knows, there could still be a happy ending after all.;)

4. When I say I do by Matthew West
This is one of those songs that makes me fall a little more in love with my husband every time I hear it, since it makes me think of our wedding day. I would love for that to be felt in a story.;)

5. Must of Done Something Right by Relient K
Totally cheesy at times, but it would make an adorable story!

6. Best thing by Relient K
Another cheesy, but cute song that would make a fun chick lit or YA story.

7. I'll Wait for You by Moriah Peters

8. So She Dances Josh Groban

9. Boat Song by J J Heller

10. Until You Came Along by J J Heller

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like some good stories - judging by their titles. Which is all I can considering I don't know that I've heard any of these. My loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few of them (Relient K and Superchick) are a bit older, since I listened to both groups a lot in high school.;)

      Delete
  2. I confess I am not familiar with these songs but I love Josh Groban so I am going to go listen to that song right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you like it! I think it is one of my favorites of his songs, since it makes me dance every time.;)

      Delete
  3. So She Dances is a beautiful song! I would love to see a story centred around it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be fun. I really like it since the song paints such a beautiful picture and makes me want to dance when I hear it.;) (not because I am a great dancer though. lol)

      Delete
  4. Wonder (If She'll Get It) would be a fun story! I actually didn't know those two songs by Relient K - but after listening to them I totally agree with you that they would make a couple of very cute stories. (This has reminded me that I need to listen to more of their songs, because I like nearly all their songs that I know!)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to pull up some of their more recent songs (I have no clue if they are still recording...), since I really just had a couple of their albums. I loved Two Lefts Don't make a Right, but Three Do.;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I may be a slight sap and sing it to about my husband. lol.

      Delete
  6. I've not heard of any of these but I'm sure they'd make great books!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard any of these songs, but I used to listen to Relient K a lot way back in high school, so I am sure I would love them as books :)

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out this week's new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some fun ones.;) Some of them would just tell a great YA story!

      Delete
  8. I don't know the first song, but I do know Superchic[k]! Wishes is one of my favorites. They have great breakup songs. I like Bowling Ball, which isn't mentioned. :)

    Oh Relient K, there could definitely be some adorable stories written based on their songs. I know Matthew West, but not the song you mentioned, I'll have to listen to it!

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so tempted to mention Bowling Ball, since it would make a great story as well! I was trying not to do too many by any one group/artist.;)
      I hope you like When I say I do!

      Delete
  9. So She Dances would be a good one! :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a favorite of mine for some time.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I listened to Relient K all the time in high school! I'd love to see "Sadie Hawkins Dance" turned into story.

    ReplyDelete