Monday, April 13, 2015
1. “Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.” The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2."Not all those who wander are lost" The Fellowship of the Ring
3. “It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4. "We none of us expect to be in smooth water all our days." Persuasion
6. "You can't get around what's right, though. When we stop loving them, that's when they win." Black Like Me
7. “Men of sense, whatever you may choose to say, do not want silly wives.” Emma
8.“I cannot make speeches, Emma...If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. But you know what I am. You hear nothing but truth from me. I have blamed you, and lectured you, and you have borne it as no other woman in England would have borne it.” Emma
9. "We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot
10. "How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it." George Eliot
This one has to be one of the easiest lists for me, since I collect the quotes I like.;) I have for years, starting with a little notebook that I would jot them down in, then moving on to just writing them on the inside flaps of my journals, so I could enjoy them time and again. It was hard to keep it at ten!