Top ten Tuesday
I know a lot of these have made it onto my lists before, so you will have to forgive me.
1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
I like all of her stories for different reasons, but I think this one is my favorite due to the depth of the characters. And, the ending is so romantic.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
A must read for everyone.
3. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
I actually have this one out to re-read, as I was a young teen when I last read it. I love the plot twists!
4. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
This is my personal favorite out of the Bronte sisters books.
5. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
I guess I went through a French Revolution stage in high school.;)
6. Emma by Jane Austen
Emma is one of my very favrite heroines, since she is funny and has a good heart, albeit, misguided at times.;) It is also one of the few romance stories my husband enjoys with me.;)
7. Mere Christianity by C.S.Lewis
It is non fiction, but is an incredible book that breaks down Christianity into such beautiful, simple statements.
8. MaryBarton by Elizabeth Gaskell
9. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
10. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis