Thursday, March 3, 2011

Might not be the stuff I would choose, but this is the stuff You use. Francesca Battostelli



This winter has made me seriously reconsider my choice in a vehicle. I used to love it, but somehow, with all the Winter storms, I have lost my appreciation for my car. Why, you ask? It is rear wheel drive.
Just last week I was driving to my parents house, on the way home from work, when I wound up in the ditch. My youngest brother was in the car with me and lamented that "Every Winter I wind up in the ditch with you!". lol. (It's not quite that bad!) His comment made me realize that he was reflecting my own thoughts. Instead of realizing how blessed we were that no one was behind us when we spun all over the road, we were focusing on the inconvenience. There have been several instances like this one over the last couple weeks. Like, the time we had to cut into the newly painted wall to replace the shower fixture. It was sad to have to take a step backward. Yet, we found that some of the plumbing had been cross threaded. It was better to find that out now, rather than waiting till it caused problems!
Its made me think of the things that happen every day that I count as an inconvenience, rather than to see if for the blessing it is.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder to "look on the bright side" and count our blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a favorite song around here right now. I didn't like it at first, but a few days later it really sunk in. There are blessings in each and every thing, and God can use those little things to chisel away our rough spots.

    ReplyDelete