Monday, November 21, 2016

Take ten: Things I am thankful for



1. My family. We added a little one to our family this year, which has made for a wild ride as I navigate being outnumbered when my husband is at work.;) I love seeing my children together, since (so far) they get along well!

2. Good health. It's been a year of colds and the flu, not to mention extended family scaring us and winding up in the hospital. Including my sister in law, who had brain surgery this last week to remove a mass, while being pregnant. She was incredibly blessed at each step of the way, and I feel overwhelmingly thankful that she is on the road to recovery.

3. A warm home. We bought a fixer upper almost six years ago, and it took me a while to decide I liked the house (which may or may not of had to do with the bat invasion and the fact that the upstairs needed to be gutted...). It's grown on me, and I am thankful that it is warm as the weather turns colder.

4. Our garden. I have mostly my husband to thank for this, since I wasn't much help between pregnancy and caring for a newborn and a toddler. I did do my part with harvesting strawberries and trying to beat down the squash bugs though!

5. Music. This plays a huge part in our lives, with my husband being a musician.;)

6. Plenty of students for my husband. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I stopped working at the bakery. While it was something that I have loved, it was getting harder to do with a toddler. We have been blessed that it hasn't been too much of a hit financially!

7. Our pets. We branched out and started raising rabbits, since the beta is still alive after over a year.;)

8. God and His love for all of us.

9. Friends. I can be such a terrible friend, but I appreciate that my good friends love me anyway. ;)

10. My church family.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for, Amanda. I too am beyond thankful for so many of these things! Family, good health (glad to know your sister-in-law is doing well - what a scary thing!), and the blessings we are fortunate enough to be gifted. As I've gotten older, I always get so nostalgic and thankful this time of year. So many reasons to be grateful in the daily reminders and simple joys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think I get more nostalgic every year too! My husband was just teasing me about not going all teary on him when recounting things I am thankful for.
      While I know there has been a lot of pain and heartache this year, I still have a heart full of gratitude.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful list! Sending blessing to you and your family this holiday season!

    I did a few books that I read in 2016 that I am thankful you can see the list here: http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2016/11/books-ive-read-in-2016-that-im-thankful.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how warm and lovely your list was. Family - both the ones who raised you and the ones you find along the way- are definitely something to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list. I think its lovely that you mentioned many things people take for granted like being warm. I hope your sister in law has a speedy recovery.


    Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is recovering quicker then the doctors projected, which is a blessing!

      Delete
  5. Lovely list of things to be grateful for - I love this season. :)

    Thanks for the post. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this season too! I need to do a better job of reflecting on what I am thankful for through out the year.;)

      Delete
  6. Aww, this is such a sweet and lovely list!! And these are the most beautiful things to be thankful for honestly. I often forget to be thankful for the simple wonderful things....like a nice house and family and friends. This is a glorious reminder. :D Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year, since it reminds me to remember the things that I take for granted.

      Delete