Monday, November 21, 2016
Take ten: Things I am thankful for
1. My family. We added a little one to our family this year, which has made for a wild ride as I navigate being outnumbered when my husband is at work.;) I love seeing my children together, since (so far) they get along well!
2. Good health. It's been a year of colds and the flu, not to mention extended family scaring us and winding up in the hospital. Including my sister in law, who had brain surgery this last week to remove a mass, while being pregnant. She was incredibly blessed at each step of the way, and I feel overwhelmingly thankful that she is on the road to recovery.
3. A warm home. We bought a fixer upper almost six years ago, and it took me a while to decide I liked the house (which may or may not of had to do with the bat invasion and the fact that the upstairs needed to be gutted...). It's grown on me, and I am thankful that it is warm as the weather turns colder.
4. Our garden. I have mostly my husband to thank for this, since I wasn't much help between pregnancy and caring for a newborn and a toddler. I did do my part with harvesting strawberries and trying to beat down the squash bugs though!
5. Music. This plays a huge part in our lives, with my husband being a musician.;)
6. Plenty of students for my husband. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I stopped working at the bakery. While it was something that I have loved, it was getting harder to do with a toddler. We have been blessed that it hasn't been too much of a hit financially!
7. Our pets. We branched out and started raising rabbits, since the beta is still alive after over a year.;)
8. God and His love for all of us.
9. Friends. I can be such a terrible friend, but I appreciate that my good friends love me anyway. ;)
10. My church family.