Monday, August 22, 2016

Take Ten: That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet


Honestly, I could probably have all marriage related self help books on this list, since I bought a bunch right before I got married (or, was given several for our wedding... Oops) that I haven't taken the time to read. We did pre-marital counseling, so there was a ton of info to read during the course and I kind of became burned out.;) But, I digress. I shall try to present a more diverse list.;)

1. Insurgent

I will be honest. While the first one was interesting enough, it didn't grab my attention enough for me to finish the series quickly. Someday, perhaps. Though, my TBR list is ever growing...

2. Allegiant

Perhaps someday...

3. Love and Respect

This one comes highly recommend from a lot of people and experts. I'm finally getting around to cracking it open! Mostly because we are doing it for a women's study group.;) It is excellent, thus far!

4. Operation Desert Light

I love Brother Andrew, so I really need to read this one!

5. The Professor

My sister loved this one, so I keep thinking that I will get around to reading it.;)

6. The Door in the Hedge

I used to read a lot of fairy tale re-tellings, but I missed this one!

7. The Rose of Winslow Street

While I have been blogging (and, before this blog, there was Livejournal) for quite some time, this book found its way to my Kindle before I started blogging about books. I enjoy Camden's books, so I need to read this one.;)

8. The Count of Monte Cristo

Somehow, I missed this one in my mad dash through the classics during high school and college.;) I wish I had taken the time to read it, since it would be harder to devote the time to it now, with two munchkins.:) Someday...

9. The Whitney Chronicles

My taste in books has changed, to a certain degree, so I may never pick this one up, though it still looks cute.

10. Listen

I loved Rene's other books, so I should pick this one up...

So, that is my list! It makes me wish I could just read instead of sleep.;) Perhaps then I could read all the books I would like!

9 comments:

  1. Great Top Ten! I decided to stick to the movies after being spoiled with the ending of the Divergent Trilogy. Thank God I didn't buy the whole trilogy...That would have sucked! My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is part of the reason that I have failed to read the rest of the books, since I know about the ending. I'm sure I would still get a lot from the books though, since the movies never have everything.;)

      Delete
  2. I thought the first one of the Divergent series was the best (read the second and trying to steel myself to get through the third one of these days)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! With all the books on my TBR list, I'm kind of doubting that I will make it back to the series...

      Delete
  3. I'd forgotten all about The Professor and The Door in the Hedge! I definitely need to get around to both of them. Great list.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      The sad thing is, at one time, I had a fair chunk of The Professor read..

      Delete
  4. I've not read any of the Divergent novels but really like the film adaptations although I feel like the only person who does. ;)

    ...and Elizabeth Camden's books are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the story is interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of how Tris is played...
      I've enjoyed all the ones I have read by her. :)

      Delete
    2. I think the story is interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of how Tris is played...
      I've enjoyed all the ones I have read by her. :)

      Delete