Monday, December 14, 2015

Take ten: the best of the best (with honors!)


This week's top ten over at Broke and Bookish is the top ten books I have read over 2015.

1. The Gifting

This one was an interesting, dystopian story that I very much enjoyed (and need to get back to the rest of the series!).

2. A Refuge at Highland Hall

This one was bittersweet, as it was the last one in a wonderful series (I do believe it was my favorite of the three books, though they are all good!).

3. Through Waters Deep

So, I didn't really get into Sarah's books until this one. Oh my! It does have a lot going on (perhaps almost too much) on the mystery end of things, but I loved the sweet romance!

4. Side by Side

This one in surprisingly amazing! It was an eye opening fictional story about how the Muslim faith impacts the women in it.

5. Maggie Bright

I will be the first to admit that this one was a bit dry to get into, at first. But, once I was in, the richness of the story and historical aspect blew me away!

6. Always on My mind

This story was so messy, but Susan pulled it off with style! I need to grab a copy of the next book in the series....

7. Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World

This one is spot on!

8. An Uncertain Choice

Knights and fair maidens. Need I say more?:)

9. Vendetta

Why must I wait so long for the next book?!

10. Chivalrous

Another amazing medieval story.

11. The Shock of Night

This one was an amazing, multi layered, fantasy style story.

12. The Art of Losing Yourself

I can't recommend this author enough!

13. Paper Hearts

This adorable chick lit book had some surprises!

14. The Bronte Plot

This one made me want to pack my bags and head on a literary trip.

15. The Princess in the Opal Mask

This one blew me away! If you haven't read it, you need to!:)

Obviously, 2015 has been a year filled with a lot of great books. I didn't even mention all of my favorites, since I figured 15 was more than stretching the limit of Top Ten Tuesday.;) I generally try to stick with ten, but figured I could break the rules for this one. What books are on your list of new favorites? Are there some I need to add to my list for 2016?

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting selection of books. I haven't read any of these, but some have caught my eye, which I must look up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your reviews, if you have a chance to read some of them.:)

      Delete
  2. I have been really curious about An Uncertain Choice and Chivalrous! It's good to see them make someone's Best Of list :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both great stories, though I may like Chivalrous the best, since it has a lot more to it. I recommend both though.;)

      Delete
  3. I still need to read some of the ones on your list too! Lol! So many great books out there :) Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard when there are always good books out there that need to be read.;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I like supernatural/paranormal books like "The Gifting".

    ReplyDelete