Friday, December 10, 2010

This old house

So, I have to admit to my own stupidity and ignorance. With owning a old house now, there are some things that I just don't think about. Like, say, tearing into the wallpaper, little thinking that there could be lead based paint in there. Thankfully, God is good and sent me a father in law who could test the paint to make sure it was safe to proceed.;) The tests turned out to be negative, so I could proceed and rid the room of its 5+ layers of wallpaper and paint.:) Ah, the adventures we are having with our first home!:D
We also were quite blessed to discover that the linoleum we tore out was not asbestos, which was a huge blessing, since the deed was done and the linoleum removed. It is nice to know we didn't stir up anything hazardous.
It has been amazing to see how many ways God has already blessed us and the lessons He has started to teach us with the house.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! At least they turned out negative! Wallpaper can be a pain but hopefully it's going well for you.
    And no asbestos too; another sigh of relief! :)
    This Old House is right... our was about 100 years old so I kind of know what you're talking about!