Monday, September 5, 2016

Take Ten: Favorite TV shows of all time


In honor of fall TV starting up, the subject for this week has to do with favorite TV shows. I didn't grow up watching a lot of TV, so I may not make it to ten, but here are a few of my favorites.

1. Doctor Who

I fell in love from the get go, perhaps because I started in the middle and went from there.;) I have a hard time picking a favorite Doctor from recent years, though I have to say that Amy, Rory, and River make a compelling argument for Matt Smith to be my fave.;)

2. White Collar

While I am not a huge fan of everything in this show, I did like how the characters worked together and that there didn't seem to be a boring season, like I've found in some shows. I was sad to see this one end.

3. Home Improvement

Granted, I haven't seen this one since I was a kid, but it was a huge hit at our home growing up!

4. Sherlock Holmes, BBC

I wasn't sure I would like this series when I first started it, but Benedict Cumberbatch does a wonderful job of bringing the infuriating, brilliant Sherlock to modern times.

5. Monk

This was another one that I was sad to see end, though I would of loved to have more episodes with Sharona then Natalie. The latter didn't seem to jive as well.

6. Person of Interest

I love the variety of characters in this one!

7. Emma, mini series

Yes, I know it is a mini series, but I get to make the rules, and this one is amazing! It's one of my favorite stories, and I feel like this one did
justice to it.;)

8. Pride and Prejudice

I basically have to mention this one as well, then.;)

9. Psych

This one had some rough patches, but I still enjoyed it and was sad to see it end!

10. Full House

Another oldie that I haven't watched since I was a kid!

What are some of your favorites?

14 comments:

  1. I did enjoy the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite yet, though it can be easier to watch a shorter version...

      Delete
  2. I used to love Home Improvement when I was a kid! My Top 10 is at http://bit.ly/2cb8ItF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to watch it again to see if it is as good as well I remember it! :)

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to watch White Collar because I LOVE Matt Bomer! I still need to watch Sherlock as well! :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to then! He does such a good job. I thought the whole cast was pretty spot on.
      Yes, do watch Sherlock too. :)

      Delete
  4. I also had Full House and Home Improvement on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen Fuller House? I'm curious about it.

      Delete
  5. Sherlock made our list this week, too! I haven't thought of Monk in forever! I need to see if it's on one of the streaming services :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherlock is a good one! I need to see the latest special. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too! He has some of the best lines. ;)

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! So many good picks. Sherlock, White Collar, Emma and Doctor Who are all great picks. Love the British vibe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to discover more great British shows.;)

      Delete