Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Out of the Ruins

As Abby Fischer's sister seems to be fading due to leukemia, Abby prays for a miracle to save her. When her mother's cousin and his colleague come to the rescue with an experimental treatment of using x-rays to treat cancer, it seems like God has answered all her prayers. But, the treatment has taken the Fischer family to San Francisco 1906. When disaster strikes, Abby feels her fragile faith shatter, only to see it change into something beautiful.
I love that Karen Barnett's books are seeped in history! I enjoyed her first novel, Mistaken, immensely. So, I was thrilled to read this one! Not only are there a lot of details about the earthquake, but I found the medical side of the story interesting. I look forward to the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment