Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind!

This week, the theme is whatever one wants to pick. So, I am going to go with ten childhood favorites. Should be easy, right? lol. Or, perhaps it will be hard for me to narrow it down...

1. All time favorite as a child was most likely Little House on the Prairie. I believe I received my set one year before Christmas, before I had really taken off with reading. I would sit in my room and just look at the pictures, ready for the day when I could actually read the words that went along with them.;) The series did not disappoint! I look forward to going back and re-reading them with my own children.

2. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. I remember my dad reading this book to us when my siblings and I were little. Pretty sure he generally got teary eyed.:)

3. Pippi Longstocking. One of my friends was addicted to the movie, so I went ahead and read the book it was based on. I loved her adventures! (now that I am a mother, I may want to go back and read it to see if it is something I want my own kids to read though, since I don't know that I want to encourage them to go off on their own and have adventures of that magnitude! lol)

4. Chronicles of Narnia. My favorite would be Voyage of the Dawn Treader, since I liked that it was based on a sea journey and that there are many adventures in it. I remember when I first started the series, I didn't care for it because I thought it to wordy. It didn't take me more than a book or two to decide I enjoyed Narnia!

5. The Boxcar Children. This might have been the first mystery series I was exposed to. And I loved them!

6. The Original Nancy Drew. I know these weren't the first mysteries I read, but I still enjoyed them, even though I didn't read all of them since the series went on for a long time.;)

7. Mara, Daughter of the Nile. I remember really enjoying this one when I was a kid! Again, it's another one I should re-visit.:)

8. Witch of Blackbird Pond. This one had to do with the witch trials in early American history. I remember really enjoying it!

9. Rose in Bloom. I think this one is my favorite out of all Louisa May Alcott's novels. The sequel is excellent also!

10.  The Ramona books. I loved these books when I was a kid, but I am definitely going to have to revisit them to see if I want my kiddos to read them and get ideas on how (not) to behave.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment