Friday, November 8, 2013

New voices in Christian fiction

Sometimes, it seems like(to me anyway) that a lot of fiction out there winds up being the same old predictable stories. Recently though, I have come across some new authors that are shaking things up, so I thought I would post about some of them here.

I adored this book! Totally unpredictable, this author is a must, especially if you are into legal fiction without to much of the legalese.  I'm looking forward to opening his second book, Critical Reaction.




If you like fantasy style novels, then you need to check this one out. I kind of doubted that I would like this one when I first started it, since the hero didn't seem like hero material. Once you get into the story and learn more about Errol Stone, reading how he grows up and changes, it makes you start cheering for him as he starts an unforgettable journey with an unlikely band. And the best news? It's the first book in a series.:)
Okay, I will admit it, I was drawn to this book from the moment I heard it was coming out, just because of the title. Mr. Knightley is, by far, my most favorite literary hero of all time. So, I knew I had to read this one as soon as I could get my hands on it.
At first, I was a bit miffed that the author made this a modern re-telling of Daddy Long Legs. But, then I got into the story, and found that she had made it so much more than a story of an orphaned girl writing letters to her generous benefactor. The emotion with which this story is written with is just profound. I loved it! No pressure, Katherine Reay, but I am looking forward to what you come up with next.:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment