Monday, November 3, 2014
Top Ten books I would like to re-read:
1. Little Women by L M Alcott
Really, the whole "series". I think I was in my early teens when I first read this one, so it would be nice to read it again.
2. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
I downloaded this one onto my kindle in hopes of reading it this year. Hasn't happened yet.;P
3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
I've read it twice, and I'm ready to read it a third time as a family!
4. Emma by Jane Austen
It's been too long since I last read this one! I need to pick it up again, since I feel like I would appreciate it so much more now.
5. The All of a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
I remember adoring this series when I was young, so I can't wait to pull it out to read to Aster in a few years.
6. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
This is another one I look forward to reading with my little girl!
7. Persuasion by Jane Austen
Another favorite that I think I would appreciate more the second time around.
8. Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
I remember thinking that this one was my favorite of all the Bronte sister's stories. I wonder if that would still be true? A lot can change in ten years. It's interesting how books can seem so different when you look at it through different eyes. Perhaps that is why I haven't picked up a lot of my old favorites again; I'm afraid that they won't be near as magical the second or third time through....
9. Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
Another classic children's book to read with Aster!
10. Emily of New Moon by L. M Montgomery
What books are on your list? Do you think you will look at a book differently when you read it through a second time?